Saturday, February 5, 2011

Skating the Great Wall

2008, China, Dandong, Great Wall of China, skateboarding, Stephen Kovaz, travelThis photo was taken in 2008 at the Great Wall of China in Dandong, China. The skater in this photo is my friend, Stephen Kovaz. The Great Wall or Chang Cheng, as it is called in Chinese was originally erected to protect China from unwanted visitors and nomadic hordes. Including all of it's branches, the Great Wall is 5500 miles in length and contrary to popular belief is not easily visible from space. The construction of the Great Wall started in 5th century B.C. and various emperors added to the wall until around 1620.

2 comments:

Jenny Landis said...

Wooo, Steven skateboarding on the great wall. I am very impressed that you got a picture there with no tourists.

Arash said...

Man, now I feel like longboarding down the wall. I need to get my a$$ to China. I'm trying to learn Chinese now.