Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dom Perignon

2008, champagne, Dom Perignon, Japan, Kumamoto, Miller High Life, travelThis photo was taken in 2007 in Kumamoto, Japan. My student, Kunio, took me and Gen, my co-worker, out to a French Restaurant and I had Dom Perignon for the first time in my life. They served it in etched glasses. Dom Perignon is named after a Benedictine monk and was only produced in 36 of the last 81 years. A bottle of Dom Perignon costs around 110 USD for a 2000 vintage. The same amount of money would buy forty 40 ounce bottles of Miller High Life.

3 comments:

Kei said...

I've never drunk it but some of my friends said that it was good!! How was taste for you?? anyway, Dom perignon is too expensive...

Arash said...

Big Tymer. Seems like DP could use that snapshot in an ad.

Ben Hedgecock said...

Arash, I wish they would!